A letter from the 501st and RL LCOs

Welcome to Eagle Base and Polish Garrison
ODPOWIEDZ
Burn

A letter from the 501st and RL LCOs

Post autor: Burn »

Suzijedi zapostowala to na Elstree i pomyslalem ze tutaj tez to wkleje.

Jason, the RL LCO, recieved the following from Kris Kuipers (501st LCO) who has sent this to all the Garrison Commanders throughout the 501st Legion and posted it up on the 501st forum:

Quote:
Once upon a time there was a group of fans who acquired some Stormtrooper armor and set about wandering around in public to have a good time and raise some money and awareness for a sick child.

That group became popular because of their vanish devotion to Star Wars and their ability and desire to use their time and talents to try to be a positive force in the community.

A few years later other bands of Star Wars fans inspired by the success of the Legion organized together to provide the characters of the light side of the force. They of course are the Rebel Legion.

Both groups gained recognition from Lucas as the "preferred Star Wars costuming organizations"

Both Legions share common goals for costuming excellence and community outreach. Both Legions share many common members.
Both Legions have the same people in positions of leadership at various levels.

We are fortunate that when many members of the public think of Star Wars costuming they think of the Legion ( often the 501st). However, the majority of the public, LFL partners, charities, event hosts and even Lucasfilm management do not see the 501st and Rebel Legions as two separate entities, they see us as simply the best of Star Wars costuming.

While there is little doubt that both Legions can survive without cooperating with each other we can achieve far more when we work together to for our common goals, excellence in costuming and the growth of both Legions.

There can be no dark side without the light and no light side without the dark.

My administration has strived to rebuild positive relationships with our sister organization, the Rebel Legion, as well as the entire Star Wars fan community, including but not limited to, FanForce, the Mando Mercs, Droid Builders, Jedi Assembly, Dark Empire, etc.

Our internal bickering and the false belief that we have exclusive rights to events, especially events sponsored by LFL is detrimental to the survival of the 501st Legion.

I'm asking all members and the Legion Council to look for every opportunity to cooperate, invite, and work side by side with our brothers and sisters of the Rebel Legion.

There are very few LFL events that are bad guy only... The only ones I have heard of are: providing an honor guard for George Lucas, providing Stormtroopers for the television game show Deal or no Deal and a few commercial promotions with LFL partners.

Recently all Lego Land, Episode I 3D, Star Wars weekends, Pottery Barn, DK Book, Where Science Meets the Imagination, etc. events should have been open to both Legions. We have received comments and complaints that local units have sometimes taken it upon themselves to interpret the intent of LFL's or their partners, requests and take it upon themselves to restrict the events to 501st only events. This is not accurately representing the wishes of the event sponsors and will be treated in the future as a failure to provide honest and open leadership. It also can ultimately jeopardize our relationship with LFL and their partners.

When we receive LFL events, we need to verify with LFL that it is indeed a "bad guy" only event. We also need to notify our local Rebel Legion base that we have received a possible joint event and that they are welcome to attend after verification with LFL.

Failure to adequately assess the desires of an event requester / sponsor may result in action by the Legion.

Thank you for your understanding, cooperation and compliance with the true mission of the Legion. With your help we can continue to grow and maintain our status as the premier imperial consuming organization in the world.

Jason, RL LCO, has responded with the following on his blog over on the US forum:

Quote:
We encourage the Rebel Legion to work with other Star Wars clubs, and we must make the utmost effort to work in partnership with our sister organization the 501st Legion. We need to do it with even more respect and cooperation than we would expect from each of them. We can’t afford to tarnish our very hard earned reputation by turning around and being petty towards the very organization that was the roots of our club.

We also can’t assume the thoughts and actions of a few, represent the whole. There are members in the 501st who want us side-by-side with them. We have shown that we can work together in many regions around the world if we put aside the differences. We’ve worked very hard to become the premier rebel costuming organization, and we need to remember to act like the professionals we want to be.

In the past year, the Rebel Legion has worked together with the 501st Legion on many occasions, including the Dragon*Con joint mixer, many of The Phantom Menace releases, Major League ball games, Legoland events, along with the upcoming Star Wars Weekends at Disney. We have also included the 501st into our forums as a separate usergroup to gain access to our Sale Forums to facilitate the sharing of costume resources with one another.

It is essential that we work together with our fellow costumers to promote our passion and dedication to Star Wars to our respective communities. Whether you join this club to help those in need or for the joy of costuming, we encourage you to work hand-in-hand with our fellow Legion to better the experience of the crowds that interact with us and see us on a global scale.

Thank you for continued efforts to enrich our organization and the experiences our fans have with us.

A great step in the right direction between the two clubs!

Probowalem to tlumaczyc ale duzzzzo tego , wiec jezeli ktos nie rozumie to moze znajdzie sie ktos kto to przetlumaczy.
Obrazek
Peter 'BURN' Burnat
1138th Krayt Squadron SCO
Member of:
- Rebel Legion and Elstree Base
- 501st Legion and UK Garrison (TK/IC 5632)
Awatar użytkownika
YangObi
Polish Garrison / Eagle Base
TKID: 7061
Kontaktowanie:

Re: A letter from the 501st and RL LCOs

Post autor: YangObi »

Będę wdzięczny za przetłumaczony tekst bo nie wszystko ogarniam.
501st Legion - Member since September 2006
Rebel Legion - Member since June 2008

Obrazek
Burn

trzeba poprosic FF zeby przetlumaczyla w poprawna polszczyzne, bo u mnie to kiepsko :P
Obrazek
Peter 'BURN' Burnat
Member of:
Awatar użytkownika
faultfett
Polish Garrison / Eagle Base CO

Post autor: faultfett »

Ja niestety jakoś do końca czerwca zawalona robota jestem, a potem urlop, więc albo weźmie to ktoś, kto ma ochotę, albo ciut trza będzie poczekać :|
Obrazek

Obrazek
Nie kop się z koniem i nie karm trolla!
Awatar użytkownika
KamelM
Eagle Base Inactive

Post autor: KamelM »

Tłumaczenie: Łączmy się w pary, kochajmy się. Koniec tłumaczenia.

Ogólnie chodzi o to, że ostatnio garnizony 501st uznały sporo imprez organizowanych przez LFL etc. za 501st-only, podczas gdy RL też powinien być dopuszczony.

Co do tłumaczenia całości... szkoda czasu i atłasu. Ewentualnie 1-2 zdaniowe fragmenty co trudniejsze można próbować, ale to proszę wskazać jakie :)
It'll be done, my Lord...
Obrazek
Burn

kamelM pisze:Tłumaczenie: Łączmy się w pary, kochajmy się. Koniec tłumaczenia.

Ogólnie chodzi o to, że ostatnio garnizony 501st uznały sporo imprez organizowanych przez LFL etc. za 501st-only, podczas gdy RL też powinien być dopuszczony.

Co do tłumaczenia całości... szkoda czasu i atłasu. Ewentualnie 1-2 zdaniowe fragmenty co trudniejsze można próbować, ale to proszę wskazać jakie :)
Wydaje mi sie ze wlasnie CO z 501st stwierdzil, iz wspolpraca pomiedzy Rebel Legion i 501st jest bardzo potrzebna i jak najbardziej polecana !. Za poprzednich kadencji 501st uznawalo ze wiekszosc imprez byla tylko dla 501st a nie dla RL, co zreszta zaczyna sie zmieniac, i obydwa legiony dzialaja ostro by ta przepasc pomiedzy legionami zmiejszyc i razem pracowac nad eventami. To bardzo dobre slowa i ciesze sie ze chlopaki (i dziewczyny) wreszcie sie biora do dziela z wprowadzaniem tego do zycia. Nasz CO w UKG blisko wspolpracuje z RL Elstree Base i na coraz wiekszej ilosci imprez oba legiony pojawiaja sie krok w krok :)
Obrazek
Peter 'BURN' Burnat
Member of:
ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „In English”