Greetings from CalamariMen

Welcome to Eagle Base and Polish Garrison
Awatar użytkownika
Gerald Home
Kontaktowanie:

Re: Greetings from CalamariMen

Post autor: Gerald Home »

Hey Mariusz,

I'm glad to see the card arrived ok. Hope to see you all again soon.

Gerald
Gerald Home
Tessek-Squid Head & Mon Calamari Officer in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI
Friend of the Polish Garrison
http://www.GeraldHome.com
Awatar użytkownika
Gerald Home
Kontaktowanie:

Here are some photos taken at the convention I went to in Chicago recently, showing me and other guests.

Bonnie Piesse, who played Aunt Beru in the Prequels:

Obrazek

Doug Wangler, who is Quinlan Vos in the EU. He's a great guy and he told me he wants to go to a convention in Poland one day:

Obrazek

Richard Kiel, who played Jaws (with metal teeth!) in the James Bond films The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker:

Obrazek

As some of you know, after the event I went to stay with my friend Star Wars author Troy Denning (Tatooine Ghost, the Dark Nest Trilogy, Fate of the Jedi are some of his SW books). He organised a meeting in Minneapolis with Star Wars Essential Guides author Daniel Wallace and Star Wars fans from the Minnesota Force, many of whom are 501st members. Here we all are:

Obrazek

It was a great trip and I met very many Star Wars fans and saw lots of America which I hadn't seen before.

Everywhere I go, I show SW fans photos we took at Obi-Wan Kenobi Street, and people are always amazed to hear that such a street exists. In fact, I always talk a lot about my visits to Poland. People in other countries like to hear about them. As I have told you many, many times, Poland and Polish SW fans have a special place in my heart.

Cheers!

Gerald
Gerald Home
Awatar użytkownika
Gerald Home
Kontaktowanie:

Hi Everyone,

Greetings from freezing cold London!

I want to make sure you know my news - my work, Star Wars and personal (health) news. It's all good news, don't worry! You can read all about it in a letter I sent to TheForce.Net which was posted online a few days ago. Here's a link to it:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/stor ... 135688.asp

The letter is quite long, so I hope you can understand it. If not, perhaps someone could translate it into Polish for you.

I really hope you read it - and I hope you all take the little bit of health/medical advice that I give!

Here are 4 pictures to go with my letter:

1. LONDON BOULEVARD poster
2. Me, in costume, at the LONDON BOULEVARD location
3. CHATROOM poster
4. Me, in costume, with director Hideo Nakata, after I finished filming my scene

Obrazek Obrazek Obrazek Obrazek

Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I hope all your imperial dreams come true in 2011!

Gerald
Gerald Home
Awatar użytkownika
skywalker
Polish Garrison

Post autor: skywalker »

Hello Gerald nice to see You back here :D
The first Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You sir :D

Wow what a great news :!:
Taking parts in 2 big movie after all of this time must be a weird a probably stressfull experience :roll:
I can't imagine myself as You now, 27 yeasr after ROTJ back to the big screen that must be a shock?
I haven't see the LONDON BOULEVARD yet,also couldn't attend on the Leicester premiere becouse the freeze weather as you say.I am live in London since 2004 and I have to say that this winter is most cold so far.
For me in London is more cold than in Poland becouse of unbearable wind.
The DARK WATER movie were great so for sure I will be going to the cinema for CHATROOM.

Also sorry to hear about your healt problem and good to know that everything is ok now :)
Thank you for advice how to deal with it.
Once again I am and all of the Polish Garrison wish You all the best in the New Year
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Gerald Home
Kontaktowanie:

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a good Christmas.

skywalker, thanks very much for your message. I've looked at your profile, but there's no name there - so I don't know if we've met each other! Have we?

Yes, this winter in London is the coldest I have ever known. I don't know why, but it feels colder here than in countries with a lot of snow. I think you're right - it must be the wind here that makes it feel so cold. Where do you live in London?

Actually no, it wasn't stressful working on the 2 movies: that's what actors like me live for - to work on big productions with talented directors and actors. Don't forget, I've been an actor for 33 years and I've done a lot of acting work since RETURN OF THE JEDI, so I'm always ready when new, exciting acting jobs come along.

I agree with you, DARK WATER is a brilliant horror film, but don't expect CHATROOM to be like that. CHATROOM is a psychological drama, not a horror film.

Did you all see the pictures of my new 501st Honorary Member trading card on the 501st HM forum? I'll give one to all of you next time we meet!

Here's wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

Gerald
Gerald Home
Awatar użytkownika
Gerald Home
Kontaktowanie:

Some of you have asked to see my 501st HM trading card, so here it is:

Obrazek Obrazek

I hope you like the little joke on the back of the card!

Cheers.

Gerald
Gerald Home
Awatar użytkownika
skywalker
Polish Garrison

Hello

So my name is Marek Krukierek we have met at Celebration Europe as I remember You have a separately table with autograph-right? :roll:
If I am wrong than for sure we met at 2007 in Poland at Dagobach event at Gorzów Wielkopolski.
Unfortunately I cand find the picture with you now becouse I left my laptop in UK.
I'am live in London at Streatham Hill just around 1 minute walk from the SH station.
It's quiet nice area and I like it :wink:

Can You tell me what is the main difference betweet working for the big screen or for the TV ect....

I had a Admiral Ackbar costume for around a Year but wear it only 4 times and finally sold it a few montrhs ago to the guy from Nordic Garrison.
I sold it becouse I couldn't finish my belt and was too hard to wear I sweat too fast and couldn't breath with it.The mask were made from latex and at the summer time after just 15 minutes of wear it I twke it off and I looked like leave the shower lol.
Nice costume but really hard to wear it :lol:

Obrazek
alright here is me :wink: with other SW actor
Obrazek
Obrazek
Awatar użytkownika
Gerald Home
Kontaktowanie:

Marek,

I've just discovered the reply you left nearly 2 months ago. Sorry I haven't replied before now.

Yes, we met at Celebration Europe - and at Dagobah 2007 too, I think. I recognize you in the photo with Hugh Quarshie.

This is a small world: I know the guy in the Nordic Garrison who now has your Ackbar costume!

You ask an interesting question: the main difference between acting for theatre, TV and film is the size of the performance:

- in the theatre, the actor's performance must be big: his voice must carry from the stage to the back of the theatre. His actions must also be big.
- TV acting is much smaller. The voice is softer and quieter, and actions and facial expressions should be small.
- film acting is the most difficult of all, because the actor's face will be seen on a huge cinema screen, and so he must do very little with his face if it is filmed in close up. The actor must let his eyes show what he's thinking, without moving his face too much. I could say that when acting for the cinema camera, the actor shouldn't do any acting, and that he should just let the camera see his thoughts - but that's not quite true: the acting in this case should be very small, and kept inside, not big like in the theatre.

I hope that makes sense to you!

All the best.

Gerald
Gerald Home
Awatar użytkownika
skywalker
Polish Garrison